News & Events
July 18, 2018
Call for Entries - 5th Annual Ladies FILM Night Out
APA is excited to announce the return of our annual event celebrating female filmmakers!
If you or someone you know has a SHORT film or two in the can, or will by the end of August, please submit it for consideration. You may submit as many entries as you want, as long as each submission meets the criteria outlined below:
1. The run time can be as short as you want, even just a trailer, but it cannot exceed 25 (twenty-five) minutes in length.
2. At least one of the following key film positions must be female - Producer, Director, DP, Editor or Screenwriter - and their name(s) must be listed in the credits.
3. The short must be submitted by one of the women who worked on it in one of the above key positions.
Please send the following information for EACH submission:
- The NAME (title) of the Short
- YOUR name AND contact info (email AND phone)
- The name(s) of any other female filmmakers who participated and their positions
- The RUN TIME of the Short
- A brief synopsis of 75 words or less.
- The link to where the Short can be accessed online
Please note that IF your short is SELECTED, you will be asked to provide a HIGH-RES version of it. Technical specifications will be given to those with Shorts chosen to be screened.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE - FRIDAY, AUGUST 24, 2018
Send submission info and links to: Julie@azproduction.com
The 5th Annual "Ladies 'Film' Night Out" will be held on Friday, November 16, at the Scottsdale Center for the Arts. Tickets will go on sale in September, and sponsor opportunities are coming soon!