* Primary production role/s: Production Designer / Art Director / Set Decorator / Art Department
* What is your professional background (major job positions you've held and where)? Interior Design and Creative Consultant - My Own Business - I am from Rochester NY which is a Film Town and primarily work there. I moved to AZ in 2018 and I am excited to be a part of the film family here.
* How and why did you start working in production?
I started working in film and later in commercials after friends in the industry asked for production design help for a short film they were working on in 2014. I was hooked! That movie was later featured in Raindance and the team went to London to be a part of it! From there I have worked on a few shorts and feature films as well as commercials. Set Decor and Production Design is a natural fit for my creative and analytic side of my brain as an Interior Designer. I love the fast paced problem solving environment and making sets match the characters lives to tell a story through design alongside the actors performances.
* What are some of the favorite projects you've worked on?
I just finished up a teen film in New York as the Production Designer that will debut in October. I had the pleasure of working on "The Tomorrow Man" starring John Lithgow and Blythe Danner and spent the summer with them which was awesome! The film opened at Sundance and I traveled there with the team for the opening and it was a wonderful experience.
* Why should people film in Arizona?
Arizona has such a diverse topography from desert to Mountains and everything in between. It's the perfect place to film all genres of film and commercials all over the state!
Insta : @designerjasonlongo (movie things and stuff in stories) (MOH in my stories is BTS of the latest production I worked on )
Want to be featured in a future Member Spotlight? Details on HOW can be found HERE.